Friday, June 24, 2005

CT Editorial: "Worship as Higher Politics"

I was on the verge of linking this editorial from Christianity Today in the post below, but I knew better. Just because they focus on putting faith and worship ahead of politics, it does not necessarily follow that they would approve of my anti-war sentiments. Out of respect for what I know is another viewpoint, I point to this excellent editorial statement and commend it for all to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest.

George W. Bush is not Lord. The Declaration of Independence is not an infallible guide to Christian faith and practice. Nor is the U.S. Constitution, nor the U.N. Universal Declaration on Human Rights. "Original intent" of America's founders is not the hermeneutical key that will guarantee national righteousness. The American flag is not the Cross. The Pledge of Allegiance is not the Creed. "God Bless America" is not the Doxology.

HT Revealer

No comments: