Monday, June 20, 2005

Steve Jobs looks back

Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computer, gave a commencement address last week at Stanford. As a one-time dropout from college who happened be become one of the most important people of our time (got that, Doc?) he shared words of wisdom with the new grads.
How's this for a prompt?

About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn't even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor's code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids everything you thought you'd have the next 10 years to tell them in just a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.

Now you gotta go read the rest.
Not too long. You'll enjoy.
Tip 3 Quarks

No comments: