Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Libertarian essay

I wish Libertarians were not so doctrinaire because I really like a lot of what they say.
This is a great read.

So much of what the government does for us reminds me of the movie, "Cool Hand Luke." I think especially of the scene where the warden of the prison, called "the Captain," explains to Luke why he is going to once again be locked up in the sweat box "for your own good."

"Cap’n," Luke replies, "I wish you’d stop bein’ so damn good to me!"

Now the Bush regime is doing all this snooping and spying on us for our "own good." It is protecting us from the terrorists, as we all know. And since there has not been a major terrorist attack on American soil since 9-11-’01, whatever the government has been doing to protect us since 9-11 must be working, right?

No comments: