Thursday, July 17, 2008

Four Billion Years

[Aside: As of a week ago I have been unemployed, having been invited to resign my job after four months of uphill struggle against a variety of challenges. So I now have more time to mess around... call it "retirement" if you like, but I don't plan to remain unemployed... which makes strolling through the archives possible.

Here I recycle another couple of posts from January. When I came across these videos my first impulse was to blog them as an in-your-face rejoinder to "creationist" thinking. But watching them again now, half a year later, I find them simply charming.

After you watch this one, be sure to see Eras...with animation which follows.]

►►►◄◄◄

Special treat for the Fundies among my readers...

1 comment:

vietnamcatfish said...

Hello Hoots, I enjoyed that. Very peaceful and mellow.

I've missed out on the gender bias thing, but the women I've known want security. But most of all they want honesty, and someone they can trust.

I guess-because they are "hit on" all their lives, they know that ALL men-most anyway-are different animals.

People voting for Hillary because Bill cheated on her is hard to believe. I don't get it. Most people who vote don't have a clue anyway.

That's why I have a hard time voting for amendments. Most of the time I don't have a clue about them, so I don't want to vote "yes" or "no" just to do it. I do try and read them. And will vote my ideology. The average person knows nothing about an amendment. To be informed, one would have to do his homework. Most of us ain't doing that.

If you say "I should have 'went'" instead of "I should have gone," then you don't need to be voting at all.

Lastly, I must put in this reference from John Lennon in his song "Working Class Hero.":

So you think you're so clever and classless and free;
But you're still f****** peasants as far as I can see!"

Amen, brother.

Signed, v.c.: One of the peasants and proud of it.