Monday, January 31, 2005

The Fainthearted Faction

Last December Josh Marshall coined the descriptive term Fainhearted Faction describing the thirteen Democrats who look most likely to go wobbly when President Bush comes a'courting, asking for votes to phase out Social Security.

As the population shifts with the political debate, he now has a revised list. The reader will notice a half dozen with "OFO" (One Foot Out) and at least one tagged "L&P!" (Loud and Proud).

He notes yet another new designation for the move to torpedo Social Security, personalization.

Speaking of Lewis Carroll, I came across a reference to "curiouser and curiouser" in yesterday's reading. I should have marked it, but I didn't. I thought it was a clever reference on my part when I used it a few days ago, but it turns out to be pedestrian.
Oh, well...what about "painting the roses red"?

No comments: