Thursday, December 06, 2007

Drill Sergeant Relapse

What happens when a girl soldier who has cut her teeth in Kosovo takes a seasonal job in retail? She's matriculating through Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course (BNCOC) while not on active duty, training to be a drill sergeant. All is smooth sailing until she confronts a likely shoplifter.

I chase him down and go drill sergeant on him, threatening to call the police on his ass and wanting to get in his way just so that I can say he had to touch me out of his way so I can freakin' go apeshit on him (as you aren't allowed to touch shoplifters, unless they assault you first). Of course, I don't have my cell phone and the guy isn't listening and just keeps walking (but truthfully I don't think he'll come back after having to deal with me). So I head back to the store because a 5'3" girl wearing a santa hat isn't all that imposing, no matter how mad I get.

I could develop a crush on this kid.

No comments: