Saturday, November 24, 2007

Conservapedia -- The Conservative Alternative to Wikipedia

A warning to Internet users:

Our study suggests that Wikipedia is 6 times more liberal than the American public. Now it's time for the Conservatives to get our voice out on the internet!

Be afraid. Be very afraid. Sneeky Libruls are a plague upon the land.

Cernig makes an interesting observation.
This was too good to link.
So I stole it completely...

Real men, it appears, bomb Iran.
But then again, real men also have...umm...issues.

What Do Conservatives Spend Their Time Thinking About?

One answer is provided by Conservapedia's most viewed list:

1. Main Page‎ [1,897,388]
2. Homosexuality‎ [1,488,013]
3. Homosexuality and Hepatitis‎ [516,193]
4. Homosexuality and Promiscuity‎ [416,767]
5. Homosexuality and Parasites‎ [387,438]
6. Homosexuality and Gonorrhea‎ [328,045]
7. Homosexuality and Domestic Violence‎ [325,547]
8. Gay Bowel Syndrome‎ [314,076]
9. Homosexuality and Syphilis‎ [262,015]
10. Homosexuality and Mental Health‎ [249,14]

I'd like to add something witty, but really, what is there to say after that? Especially since I can barely stop laughing.

Indeed (chortle).

What the heck. I think HE stole it from somewhere, too. I can't get the link to the Agonist to work, but I suspect that's the source.

(I'm not homophobic and this list looks for all the world like a way to malign queers. That is not the intent, I'm sure. It's just another case of damn lies and statistics, mixed together with pots and kettles and shades of beige.)

I finally got the Agonist link to work and did a blog search about Conservapedia. Looks like it's the work of pranksters.
I still think it's funny. If anyone wants to toss cold water in the commnets, it's okay with me.

No comments: