Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Google Docs & Spreadsheets

Two dead PC's ago I was shopping for a replacement. One salesman told me that in the future we won't need PC's. A dumb keyboard plugged into the internet is all we really need. He may be right.

.

I like how my bank takes care of bills on line.

.

I like how I can access my blog from anywhere.

.

I like how photo images can be viewed from anywhere, either by everybody or by whatever group has the password.

.

You can see where this is going. But my friend Bob tells about a group of hackers who got hold of some one's online valuables and threatened to destroy them if they didn't get paid. Cyber-terrorism, cyber-blackmail, cyber-extortion...I dunno. We already have identity theft and no one seems to know how to prevent that.

.

There is no end to risk-taking. I hear people are returning to New Orleans to set up housekeeping on sinking ground already several feet below sea level. Just yesterday I got a promotional piece from my mortgage company pumping "five year interest only loans." (Haven't they learned anything? Sheesh!) There is no end to human folly. I'm gonna open a free Google Docs site as soon as I have something more to write about that what's already on a Google blog.

No comments: