Monday, August 04, 2008

Fiddler on the Roof in Japanese

[Reposted from two years ago. Back then I couldn't embed YouTube videos but now I can. This was so much fun I decided to run it again with the video.
Enjoy!]


On the other hand...but on the other hand...
Tradition!!!
So go look, already.
Hat Tip Paulo Cohen-Myers who found it at Yourish
I really need to go see that play again.



And while you're at it, you might want to see the most recent clip (#25) by Peter "geriatric 1927." He tells how as a fifteen-year-old he and his buddies played with unexploded munitions and got in trouble, also how they had access to a twin-engine bomber that crashed near where they had access the next day. He looks very smart in his tie and sweater, handling himself with his customary calm, dignified deportment.

1 comment:

Mortart said...

Hoots, many thanks for the video of the Japanese "Fiddler on the Roof."
It was absolutely fabulous, especially for some one like me whose Russian-Jewish ancestors lived the sort of life that inspired the musical comedy. I've seen the play and movie in English several times and once in Yiddish, which is what the real-life characters would have spoken.