Saturday, October 20, 2007

Obama and Cheney: Cousins?

Senator Barack Obama and Vice-President Dick Cheney had a common ancestor...way long ago.

The wife of US Vice-President Dick Cheney has revealed that her husband is closely enough related to the Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama to call him "cousin".

Lynne Cheney said that she had made the unlikely discovery of kinship between President George W Bush's hawkish deputy and the charismatic black Illinois senator while researching ancestry for her new memoir, Blue Skies, No Fences.


Oh, the temptation to one-liners...

Obama spokesperson Bill Burton couldn't resist:
"Every family has a black sheep,"

Thirty years in the food business has taught me the truth of something I heard from a prep cook long ago: We all got some soul behind us somewhere.

That's why Doc Searls is on my blogroll. I don't go there often because he has so much good stuff I get lost slogging around the Inernet. He is to the net what Sacagawea was to Lewis and Clark. How else other than
one of his links would I ever come across a video like this...???

(Noblesse oblige has come a long way.)



No comments: