Saturday, April 15, 2006

Immigration and Taxes

.
The complaint that illegal immigrants are not paying taxes is a straw man.
.
.
The remedy to that problem is to allow them to join the ranks of taxpayers.
.
.
.
Helllllooooo...

*** *** ***
Years ago I was talking about borrowing money and being in debt. I was speaking with a man trying to borrow a lot of capital for the purpose of starting a young company. In my heart I felt that building a successful business from it's own cash flow and profitability was a better model than doing it on borrowed money. That was before I learned that business is not put together that way.
.
In the same way that we borrow money to buy a house (mortgage) with the expectation that we will one day own the house and no longer owe the money, business upstarts borrow money to do today what they cannot afford to wait to do tomorrow, because tomorrow the same demand may not exist. Timing is as important as finance to the success of any venture.
.
He said, "I would be honored to sign my name to a note for half a million dollars."
.
Bingo! Paradigm shift.
.
Here's another one: A lot of people would be honored to pay the taxes about which you complain.

No comments: