1. Every country has a right to control the flow of immigrants intoit.
2. In the aftermath of 9/11 border control is a security issue, not just an economic issue.
3. The cost of the solution should not exceed the cost of the problem.
4. Barring seriously drastic measures, illegal immigration will never be eradicated. We need to manage the problem rather than trying to eradicate it.
5. The best way to fight illegal immigration is to give people incentives, both positive and negative, not to come here illegally.
6. It makes no sense to crack down on illegal immigrants without cracking down on the businesses and individuals that employ them.
That's just for starters. The good part comes next. There follows a list of the most popular complaints and suggestions, with a constructive response to each...followed by a sensible game plan outlining what can happen next.