Friday, December 30, 2005

C.S.Lewis resources

You want cold, fresh water? Then find a mountain spring.
You want to drink deeply of C.S. Lewis? Then go to Mere Comments, the Touchstone Magazine blog. Here you will find a trove of articles and quotes by and about C.S. Lewis thanks to the box office success of The Chronicles of Narnia. The most dedicated Lewis aficionado will think he has gone to heaven already...

Noting the gratifying interest in C. S. Lewis sparked by the release of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, a reader sends links to two articles on C. S. Lewis by John West of Seattle Pacific University you might want to see: C. S. Lewis and the Materialist Menace and Finding the Permanent in the Political: C. S. Lewis as a Political Thinker.
And while I'm at it, I will point you to some of our articles on Lewis (please pardon my referring to myself by name but "my' looks a tad egotistical)...

Go to the link to find ten more Lewis links as well as references to articles not on line. This list will keep a reader busy for a very long time.

If I ever get around to it I want to put together a post enlarging on Lewis' writings about pacifism. I am not competent to counter his views, but since he was at work in the shadow of the Second World War, prior to the breaking of apartheid in South Africa and the American Civil Rights movement I think there might be at least some epilogue to take into account some achievements of modern civil disobedience. Not pacifism, exactly, but certainly a shirt-tail relative.

No comments: