Friday, December 23, 2005

Symposium Revisited.

Evangelical Outpost got a link from First Things.
There is now a welcome note at the top of the EO home page directing newcomers to the Essays of the Symposium.
If you look around you will find...

Here's what others have to say about Torture Symposium:


...which does not take you to the original comments thread which now runs to fifty comments and has gone moribund.

I can't decide if this was an oversight by one of the internet's most careful and savvy bloggers, or a deliberate effort to redirect new traffic from a discussion that might have gone off in the wrong direction. Rev. Phippips and I made some fairly cogent points, I thought, that are now buried even deeper than a comment thread...
I have become accustomed to and understand the passive-aggressive comeback to a passive-aggressive action. It's my own personal weapon of choice. It is, however, a poor substitute for a gentlemanly admission to having lost a discussion point.
Oh well, it's not my blog. He can run it any way he likes.

1 comment:

Hoots said...

Got it.
Thanks for the clarification. And thanks, too, for visiting my little blog.