Thursday, February 15, 2007

Nokia N93 -- State of the art camera phone

But they don't call it a camera phone any more. How about a multimedia computer?

Being a neo-luddite, I still don't have my first cell phone. (My problem is mainly social. I am so turned off my the growing number of people in my environment who walk around with tilted heads that I don't want to be anything like them. It's so rude...but don't get me started.) But I get very excited keeping up with the technology.

I'm impressed with this. H/T Doc.

...Today CNN has shown the Nokia N93 in its coverage of the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, and had a segment shot exclusively with the cameraphone.

Yes, many purists among camera afficionados will thumb their noses at cameraphones, like the 35 mm camera fanatics pooh-poohed the early digital cameras ten years ago, and the Hasselblad-crowd looked down at the 35mm camera crowd in previous decades, etc. But it is now clear, that the high-end cameraphone has graduated to the major leagues, if CNN is willing to put cameraphone content out on the air, without any indication that this was an emergency situation out of a war zone etc - by which cameraphones have been used in the past....

No comments: