Saturday, November 26, 2005

Middle of the night reading

Not now. Later.
Bookmark this post by Richard Lawrence Cohen and come back at a more quiet time to digest it. A very humbling Thanksgiving offering. If more people had this degree of inner understanding wars could end.

Then read the comments thread.

If my parents had been in any kind of harmony I probably would have gone crazy early in life, but because they were constantly warring I always had at least two viewpoints to choose from, and any hurtful thing one of them said was contradicted by the other. By steering among the contradictions I found space to become a third force in the family, unifying my younger brothers alongside me in a spirit of desperate mockery of the powers above us.

Then see what Ann Althouse said.

This is not the first time these two formerly married people have revealed a degree of empathy for one another that most mortals never know, even in their dreams.

No comments: