Sunday, October 29, 2006

Monty Python Cheese Shop

If I fail to grab this one I will regret it later. No doubt it is too obscure for everyday appreciation, but for me it is a rare find. My career in the food business started with four years in the cheese business, retailing imported and domestic cheeses of all kinds. You must listen carefully to the list of cheeses the customer runs over. Every one is really the name of a cheese, most of which I have either sold, tasted or heard about. It brings back long-lost memories for me to watch this snip. I once could quickly discern the difference on a blind tasting between gouda and edam, unless either were aged. Likewise between danish blue, stilton, gorgonzola and roquefort. And of course between canadian and domestic cheddars. The list seems endless. Notice the collection of cheese keepers on the counter and shelves in the background.

H/T Pejman

No comments: