Friday, March 09, 2007

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.".

Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac, a little five-minute-long daily radio program is one of the treasures of the air, carried on most Public Radio stations. If I am driving and hear the theme music I invariably interrupt whatever I'm thinking about and pay attention for the next five minutes. He has always done his homework and the only person I know who regularly reads poetry aloud. And he does it extremely well.

Yesterday's show was noticed and blogged about by j.daniel at YAR. Rather than put together another me-too post about Keillor and yesterday's poem, I am sending readers to read and discover something for themselves. In addition to the poem and reading, pay attention to the blog and post. Like Keillor, this young man has also done his homework and put together a gem of a post. This will take about six or eight minutes of your busy day. You can think of it as prayer time as you listen to Garrison Keillor read the poem, reflect on the content and notice the context in which they all intersect.

No comments: