Monday, February 07, 2005

The Diplomad, R.I.P.

The Diplomad is folding his tent.

...Lest any of you think so, we have not been threatened or shut down; the State Department goons are not knocking at the door. It's just time to do something else....

I suppose we can take him at his word. But it's not easy. Nearly 200 comments thus far expressing regret. I became of the site in January during the tsunami disaster.

I am finding out that blogging, whether you are big or little, takes energy. Den Beste stopped because of an undisclosed medical condition. Rachel Lucas quit, but came back with less of a vengeance (yes, believe it or not, this is "less of a vengeance" than her now-gone archives, a significant loss to the history of the internet). Mark Shea quit to write a book. Diana Moon quit (only three posts since the presidential election) from disillusionment and fatigue. Sullivan quit (almost, but look at the emails he's still posting) so get over it.

I'm good for a year, barring unforeseen circumstances. In August or September I will evaluate whether to continue.

No comments: