Friday, August 19, 2005

Dot Clue, new to me

I just added a new blog to my aggregator, Dot Clue. This morning's post...

What could possibly go wrong?

Scientists are proposing reintroducing large mammals such as elephants, lions, cheetahs and wild horses to North America to replace populations lost 13,000 years ago

My favorite line is this one, which tells
me that they’re shoveling elephant dung disguised as “science”:

Reintroducing the modern relatives of the Late Pleistocene losers to North America could spark fresh interest in conservation, contribute to biodiversity and begin to put right some of the wrongs caused by human activities.
No mention of the fact that elephants are incredibly destructive to the environment, and that their populations are exploding in parts of Africa that forbid hunting.
No, wait, I lied. This is my favorite line:
“Free-roaming, managed cheetahs in the southwestern United States…”
Sounds like they’re really trying to manage the ecotourist population. :-)

Any blog friend of Stephen Den Beste is a blog friend of mine, even if I don't have any idea what the're talking about.
At least now I have a clue.
(Groan)

No comments: