Friday, March 31, 2006

"Day of Action" April 10 -- HEADS UP!

My little blog has never had so much traffic. I feel like the canary in the mine. My careless post last week about the Immigration National Day of Action is getting more hits in less time than anything I have ever posted. The majority of my hits are from Google and other searches but the most interesting statistic of all is Entry Pages ranked by recent popularity.

My post on the Day of Action is ahead of even the home page and the next two or three others together.
The numbers are relatively small by internet standards. Only 33 in all at last check. But compared to past history they are exponential.

A lot of people are using the internet to find out about April 10. I have no way to know if they are thinking of participating, looking or reporting, but the interest is really elevated. My instinct, based on the screen shots of the last such event -- which was all over the country, by the way, not just in San Francisco -- is that we can expect to see a breathtaking amount of people in the streets on April 10.

Just remember, if you haven't already heard it, that you may have heard it here first.

Update:
See April 2 post

See April 3 post

No comments: