Friday, January 12, 2007

The Rapture, Are You Ready?

Driving through the rural countryside of the Bible Belt one is apt to come round a turn and confront a boldly-painted sign that says "Jesus is coming soon!"

Or "Are you ready?"

Or "PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD!"

Apocalyptic warnings have been around for centuries.
This is the YouTube generation's equivalent of those warnings...



Different take here, but somehow related...

First, look at this.

Then go here.

Thanks, Abbas.
If I fail to post a link to this wonderful blog I won't be doing my job.

3 comments:

Hoots said...

Woohoo!
Caught one!

(Sorry, sir, I started reading and had to give it up. I will keep your post as an illustration of the cultural artifact that it represents. Not since John Galt's speech have I confronted a more smothering blanket of rhetoric. I'm afraid my eyelids were dropping faster than my jaw. Thanks for visiting, anyway.)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving my link up. Your inability to finish my article seems to be a common response. The Secret Rapture soon! Within months, if not years, by my hand, we will be in the post apocalyptic world of 'Jericho' on TV! Stay tuned!

Hoots said...

Your inability to finish my article seems to be a common response.

Your words, not mine.