Thursday, January 04, 2007

Two good videos

Scott McLemee posts this video at Crooked Timber.
It's late and I have no desire for anything serious, so here it is.

This YouTube video of our calico cat and a wind-up toy bird has had just over 9,000 hits. My wife initially put it up expecting that just a few friends would take a look. At some point, it went from a few dozen hits to several thousand. For the past couple of months, it has been poised to break the 10k barrier, but lost a lot of momentum somewhere along the way.

This is where you can help.

Besides, it seems like time finally to do my first CT post of 2007, and it was either this or something about the late Seymour Martin Lipset’s place in the history of the Shermanite faction following its departure from the Workers Party. A tough decision. But I find that the video does not actually decrease my will to go on, so here it is.
.

Interesting.
Reading about Seymour Martin Lipset I notice he received a Gunnar Myrdal prize. I doubt many readers know who Gunnar Myrdal was, but I know the name from a two-quarter history series from about 1969, The Negro in America. Myrdal was a Swedish economist and sociologist. It was my good fortune to be able to hear him speak once at an event at the Atlanta University Center, I think at Sisters Chapel of Spellman College. He was by then quite old, but his mind remained sharp and he made a lasting impression.

Oh well, since it's late and I'm rambling, here is another remarkable video illustrating Beamvertising, advertising by projecting a picture on a wall or other surface...like the buildings on main street, using a modified van.

No comments: