Monday, January 24, 2005

Found a Treasure

Okay, this will take about ten or twelve minutes to follow.
If you don't have the time or inclination, it's okay. Skip this post and move on to the next one.

C-SPAN's Brian Lamb is one of the people who make me happy to be alive while he is still working. I am a hopeless C-SPAN junkie. I don't want to waste a lot of time here, but trust me.
The new program called Q&A is available online. Brian Lamb is interviewing Eric Liu, of whom I have never heard, but that's beside the point. In his younger years Mr. Liu was a Senate aide. Very smart. Very pro-active.
The whole interview takes an hour, but the first eight and a half minutes is worth the time to take a look, even if you don't finish the rest. Eric Liu's account of his first Senate assignment is one of the best stories I have heard in a long time.
Go. Get a cup of coffee or something.
Click "Watch the program." I haven't figured out how to make hypertext work the video from here.
The intro and story take the first seven or eight minutes...

No comments: