Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Message from Hoots

I'm about to stop blogging this morning and go to work. There is no way to know what will happen today in the Middle East or anywhere else. But for the next several hours I want this post to be at the top of my home page with this message:

It is past time that everyone commenting on the wars (plural) in the Middle East and elsewhere stop trying to craft every observation in a way that suggests a domestic political spin.

When I am simply trying to figure out what the hell is going on in another part of the world and what can best be done to make bad situations better, it annoys me when I run into transparent attempts to spin this or that story to make this or that politician in America look better or worse.

If the president says "shit" I don't really care. I say it, too, sometimes. It doesn't mean anything more when he says it than when I do.

Everybody -- even you, dear reader -- has to stop what they're doing from time to time to take a piss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you hear that? It's the sound of my clapping! Kudos, man!

vietnamcatfish said...

Leave it to the hootster. What a big deal over nothing. I bet he has even said "fork u" before.

Hoots said...

Thanks, all. It's hard enough to see what's going on without carping and sniping. Makes me tired. That's why I don't much care for a lot of the high-traffic places. Relentless droning. Too much repetition.

Now, back to work...