Monday, November 15, 2004

New from Mosul

The girl who calls her blog Star from Mosul writes her longest post to date.
Little by little the war is getting to her.
Comments from her readers offer comfort and prayers, but she is torn apart when writers cannot be civil with one another.
She is another Anne Frank. It is a privilege to read her writing.

I really appreciate your concern, I don't hate a whole group for the acts of few.I know there are bad guys in each country and each city, I've seen neighbors in America (Of course on TV) that I'm sure if I stayed in one for few minutes, I'll get killed. You can't just worn us and tell us to leave Mosul before you destroy it, what will happen if we left and came back to see the house gone!! Can we start from ZERO again!! So many won't be able to leave, as it happened in Falloja, some would prefer to die in pride than to live in shame (And that's not stupidity, that's reality).

Some don't have transportation, or the money to leave.Please don't just assume that we left and start shooting and destroying! Can't you get rid of few but by killing many others.. Here you went, killed everybody in Falloja, why? To get rid of Al-Zarkawy. Did you get rid of him? Apparently not!! He escaped.. If you kept destroying every city he escapes to, there won't be an Iraq any more! We found papers on the roof of our house with pictures of burning houses, and it says "That's what will happen to you if you cooperate with Al-Zarqawi", what to comment on this?? I don't have a clue..

Today's post is heart-breaking for me. The phrase "to die in pride than to live in shame" must have deep cultural roots for this girl to use it so naturally in her writing. I heard that the next military move might be aimed at Mosul, which is Iraq's third largest city. It is on the Tigris River, north of Baghdad. I found a city map [click icon to enlarge image, 36/23N;43/10E] which includes the ruins of Ninevah. This child's writing has made the place more than a spot in an atlas. The world is reading, watching and praying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hoots,

Not to demean your current Blog but I was sorry to see your Pic post die. Rock on Luby's

Rockhead

Anonymous said...

Hi Hoots,

Not to demean your current Blog but I was sorry to see your Pic post die. Rock on Luby's

Rockhead