Thursday, November 11, 2004

Today is Veterans Day

After cruising the internet for an hour, I came across the first reference to Veterans Day.
Events in Iraq, the death of Yassar Arafat and fallout after the election dominate most sites. Veterans Day gets lost in the shuffle.
And this reference, incidentally, is secondary to a comment about political correctness on the part of the FCC that has intimidated a TV station into censoring Saving Private Ryan.

"Can a movie with an "M" rating, however prestigious the production or poignant the subject matter, be shown before 10pm? With the current FCC, we just don't know."
BuzzMachine... by Jeff Jarvis: "We regret that we are not able to broadcast a patriotic, artistic tribute to our fighting forces like Saving Private Ryan. However, on this Veterans Day, we do wish to pay tribute to all the men and women -past and present -who so nobly serve our country. "

I'm not much of a flag waver, but I am a veteran and I act responsibly most of the time. The observance of Veterans Day is somewhat old-fashioned, I guess.

1 comment:

AtMillCreek said...

Hello hb -

I've noted on my blog that instapundit did his part to recognize veteran's day.

Blessings,
Bob(a.)